Friday, March 17, 2017

Irish Eyes are Smiling

In honor of St. Patrick's Day - a quick blog to honor those from Ireland who wield a mighty pen.



Most Notable Works: A Picture of Dorian Gray, The Importance of Being Earnest



Most Notable Works: Ulysses, Finnegan's Wake, Dubliners


Most Notable Works: Gulliver's Travels, A Modest Proposal


Poet

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
Education is not the filling of a pail, but rather the lighting of a fire.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.




Playwright: Pygmalion, Candida




Most Notable Work: Dracula



Most Notable Work: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (series)


Most Notable Work: Angela's Ashes



Wrote many works of his own, but I mostly know his translation of Beowulf



Oh my - too many to list! An author I've not read, but want to read very much. For more information visit her website: http://maevebinchy.com/books/



Most Notable Work: Room but she has published other works: https://emmadonoghue.com


Considered to be the quintessential "Chick-Lit" author. I reviewed one of her early works (Watermelon), but haven't had the chance to read many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment