Friday, June 19, 2015

Boy Nobody by Allen Zadoff

Boy Nobody (The Unknown Assassin, #1)Boy Nobody by Allen Zadoff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book surprised me. It's on the Battle of the Books list for 2015-2016 and while I found the premise of a high school aged assassin interesting, I wasn't sure how someone could really pull it off. My concerns were assuaged by Allen Zadoff. This book is interesting. Smart. Fast-paced. Intriguing. And luckily - a series: The Unknown Assassin, and I will read the next entry.

It's not getting a lot of press over on Amazon and I can't really understand why - the book tells an amazing story!

Zach - and we only learn his real name once in the book - spends his life being the "new kid" in school with a covert backstory that is always completely believable. He slips in to a new world, makes his contact, establishes his circle, completes his job, and slips right back out. No muss, no fuss. He's learned connections are fleeting no matter what and in a world like ours, where people are always doing something wrong - everybody - EVERYBODY - has a secret. We are all at fault.

But when his new target become the Mayor of NYC and his daughter Samara is not only beautiful, but intriguing in a way he's never known, the case takes an unexpected turn. "The Program" is always watching him - "mother" and "father" have eyes everywhere and he finds himself in unfamiliar territory with memories of his life before while he attempts to merge into Samara's family. He isn't "nobody" - he used to be "somebody."

Filled with action, quick dialogue, and a plot line that weaves teen drama, romance, mystery, murder, and mayhem seamlessly, Boy Nobody is a great read. I will certainly be checking out the rest of the series.

For more info about Allen Zadoff and the rest of the The Unknown Assassin crew, visit his website at: http://www.allenzadoff.com

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Your review intrigued me, so I picked this book up from the library. Loved it! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete