Friday, May 15, 2015

Painting the Moon by Traci Borum

Painting the Moon (Chilton Crosse, #1)Painting the Moon by Traci Borum
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Can I please just say how much I love this novel. I mean truly love it. Traci Borum is a fantastic writer and has a gift for transporting a reader to a new place from the comfort of their living sipping tea along with the characters in the precious town of Chilton Crosse. I'm moving there, by the way. #livinginabook

When Noelle Cooke inherits a quaint English cottage and an art gallery from her famous Aunt Joy, she welcomes a departure from her San Diego routine. But the lure of the Cotswolds, combined with a locked cottage room and a revealing journal, entice her to stay and discover more, including a way to save the gallery from financial ruin. And that means remaining in England.

When her childhood sweetheart, Adam Spencer, begins work on a restoration project in Noelle’s village, their friendship blossoms. But as her feelings for Adam deepen, she struggles with memories of what might have been and yearns for a future once thought lost. Faced with a life-altering revelation Aunt Joy took to her grave and a wrenching choice regarding the man she loves, Noelle could lose far more than her heart.

And just in case the plot isn't enough to make you picture a lovely Sunday afternoon of reading - check out the book trailer at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFez-...

This is a truly well crafted, dazzling, and touching piece of literature. I was immersed from page one and it left me feeling genuinely happy. This book is literally like a warm hug. I don't know how else to explain it. Her gift for creating language and ideas that comfortably sequence into a plot that never lulls or presses is something I've not seen in women's fiction in quite some time. She is a softer Nora Roberts and I say this as a compliment.

The next book in the series is Finding the Rainbow and I've already read it - and loved it! But that's for another review.

About the author:

Traci Borum is a writing teacher and native Texan (WOOT WOOT!). She’s also an avid reader of women’s fiction, most especially Elin Hilderbrand and Rosamunde Pilcher novels. Since the age of 12, she’s written poetry, short stories, magazine articles, and novels.

Traci also adores all things British. She even owns a British dog (Corgi) and is completely addicted to Masterpiece Theater–must be all those dreamy accents! Aside from having big dreams of getting a book published, it’s the little things that make her the happiest: deep talks with friends, a strong cup of hot chocolate, a hearty game of fetch with her Corgi, and puffy white Texas clouds always reminding her to “look up, slow down, enjoy your life.”

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cresta! Thank you SO much of your review of PAINTING. You've just made my day, my week! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I really appreciate the very kind review. (And you've given the book my favorite description ever -- "a warm hug." I love that!).

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved it! And the next. . .I'm really hoping for a third???

      Delete
    2. Yes! I'm working on edits right now for Book 3 -- it's a shorter Christmas book in the same series. And I hope to write Book 4 this summer. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your review made me want to have this book in my hands, immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful review for a beautiful novel!

    ReplyDelete