Sunday, September 21, 2014

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon

Don't Turn Around (PERSEF0NE, #1)Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really liked this book. It was marketed as a YA version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and it did not disappoint. Michelle Gagnon has weaved a complicated and intriguing world where problems that are real in actual society are addressed in the fictional text.

Noa has never been one to trust adults, and it's understandable. After losing her parents young, she's floated through the system of foster care until finally stepping out on her own. Her super power is her ability to manipulate computers in an impressive way. The online community is very small though, and through happenstance and circumstance, she and Peter (the founder of /ALLIANCE/ - a hacktivism organization that I want to be so real!) tumble into each other's world both trying to escape horrors of their past.

Gagnon's novel is the first YA book I've given five starts in a long time - it is gripping, riveting, page turning. I will definitely come back to finish the series. If Stieg Larson was still with the literary world, I believe he'd be proud to have his adult series resurface in this YA thriller. A must read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment