Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Sunday Evening Summary

So...I just realized it was Sunday evening and I hadn't posted a Saturday Summary. This is what happens when life gets the better of you, OR you are so engrossed in the book you're reading, that blogging about it got it the way :-). I pick the latter of these two choices as I try to not let life overwhelm me. (I'm not overly successful with this tactic, but I try!)

However, I would not be lying about being so engrossed in my current novel that I don't want to put it down.  What am I reading? City of Light by Kim Wright. You may remember the review I wrote covering City of Darkness, the first in the series. If not, you can find it here. I wrote this review almost a year ago (April 2012) and promptly purchased the next book in the series. And then life really did snowball me for awhile so it sat unloved on my Kindle for far too long. But, as luck would have it, Ms. Wright contacted me for a review of the third book in the City of Mystery series and two things happened: 1) I was overjoyed to be contacted by this talented author again and 2) I remembered I hadn't read Book #2 and gave myself a mental beating for that!

But, I'm now more than 1/2 way through City of Light and I love it. I think about the characters all the time and when I open my book to read I find myself asking, "What is Rayley up to today?" or "Has Trevor finally admitted he loves Emma, maybe tonight...."  I'm friends with these characters, we're on a first name basis. I'll be posting my final summary and review by Friday, but I can already tell you it's another hit for Kim Wright.

Next on the book shelf is her third book in the series, City of Silence, and if the first two are any indication of how much I enjoy this author, I can already assume book three will be devoured in no time.



My upcoming book review calendar is full, so I have plenty in store for my readers. And I admit, everyday I find more books I want to read!  But, I'm sure you do, too.

Happy Sunday evening to all. And if you have President's Day off tomorrow, I hope you'll spend it reading. I know I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment