Monday, October 29, 2012

The Casual Vacany

It seems, my friends, I have taken a "casual vacancy" from my blog whilst (yes, whilst) reading The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling. However, I vow to get back in gear. 

I've been moving and being a little league mom and teacher and wife and host, etc...but, I think I see the yellow light slowing me down now. I was able to read last night for almost an hour! It was marvelous.

The Casual Vacancy is picking up, grabbing my attention again, and making me want to keep reading. Apparently, it was just a momentary lull to fill in story and characterization. I hope to finish and post my review (albeit about two weeks late) of this new novel by this weekend.

What's after that you ask? I've been contacted again by Red Adept Publishing to be a part of their latest blog tour. I previously reviewed Thought I Knew You by Kate Moretti.

First to Find by Morgan C. Talbot.

Excerpt from the publisher:  

Death is the hardest puzzle to solve. 
Margarita Williams escaped death at a young age, but its shadow has followed her all her life. Now, amidst the chaos of a new Australian roommate and mysterious, menacing neighbors, Death has set the puzzlemaker a puzzle of her own. Someone is killing her fellow geocachers, one by one.
Bindi Ryan left Australia to marry a man who abandoned her the minute her plane landed in Oregon. When thieves steal a local sculpture and a teenage friend is blamed, Bindi and her super-nose must prove him innocent and find the real culprits. But are she and Margarita working on two mysteries, or one?
If they can’t solve the final puzzle, the killer will strike one final, deadly blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment