Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks


The Lucky One is a plucky romance with a strong female protagonist. While the concept of the solider being deployed and viewing the horrific complexities of war is embedded in the novel, it's the backdrop to which propels the hero forward. The novel focuses more on the divine concept of meeting your one true love, the one you were meant to be with.

Never overlook the importance of a well-placed dog in a story, too. I think he was my favorite character.

I enjoyed reading it, but it was not my favorite Sparks romance novel. I would recommend it though. It's a light and easy read - finished it in two days.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I am listening to Dear John right now on Audiobook. Haven't gotten past the first chapter but I am intrigued with the story :)

    Have a good day! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I enjoyed the story, and as I said, I loved the dog!

    ReplyDelete