Saturday, May 26, 2012

Writer's Block!

Well, it happens. It seems to have hit my critique partner and me at the same time, too. I can't think of anything to write. Well, that's not true. I can think of things but they won't go from my mind to the page. So, I'm on hiatus. I hate hiatus.

I'm out of love with the YA novel I was writing. I hear that happens. So, I'm not too worried; I've carefully set the 10+ chapters aside lovingly and hope to pick it up again one day. I'm mildly attracted to a chick-lit novel in my head and I've done a few character sketches.

I broke down and bought the writing program Scrivener. I thought maybe owning some more writing tools might help me out. Turns out, I have to watch about a billion tutorials to learn how to use it (but I hear it's worth it so that's fine).

Today is graduation for the class of 2012. They are a really good group (well, the good ones of the group are really good). I'm looking at them with pride. It's a bittersweet year when kids you really like, leave. I hope they choose their futures wisely and their mates with care.

That's all I have for you this weekend. My imaginary friends aren't speaking to me and until they open up, real people are all I've got. :-)

Hats off the class of 2012!


1 comment:

  1. My block is falling down. I'm hoping your's follows.

    ReplyDelete