Sunday, April 1, 2012

2012 April PAD Challenge: Day 1

April is National Poetry Month.  Every year I participate in the poem-a-day (PAD) challenge.  Giving it a shot again this year.  I actually hate poetry, a lot.  But, it is a form of creative writing that challenges me.  My poems are usually short and to the point, not a lot of deep underlying meaning.  But, I don't think all poems need to be "deep" to be good.  I never win this, and I don't ever expect to.  I often find myself completely lost reading some other poems because they just don't make sense, but I'm going to give it a go.  Wish me luck!

2012 April PAD Challenge: Day 1

For today’s prompt, write a communication poem. The communication could be dialogue between two (or more people); a postcard correspondence; a letter; a voicemail; a text message; a series of tweets; or whatever. Heck, I guess a poem is a form of communication–so there’s really no way to screw up today’s prompt (outside of writing nothing at all). Let’s get this party started!


Don't you hate that teacher
That's like, "I still have 24 seconds"
Don't put your stuff away.
My English teacher does that...
#bitchbetrippin
Like I care about Atticus Finch,
Boo Radley, or some other shit.
"Do I have to read this for homework?"
Damn...I got other things to do.
Like spend time on Twitter
Actin' like I'm bigger, older than I am...
#imgrown
#dontneedtoread
#smokedenoughweed
#bechillin
"What?"  "I failed the test?"
Damn...my mom's gonna kick my ass
#screwed









No comments:

Post a Comment