Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm back...

I'm certain you were distraught - crying buckets of tears because I babbled about nothing for several months now. I know - I feel you angst. Is an "LOL" appropriate here? Or is more a "ROTFL"?  I don't know - text lingo is not my strength.

I think I'm back.  I've been toying with coming back to blogging.  We'll see where it takes me.  I've got a few projects in the works - a lot of projects in my head - but either way...things I want to say fill my mind and I haven't taken the time to write them down, and now my mind is overflowing.

So in a nutshell, I thought I'd share what I'm reading right now to start us off, again. :-)



The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag - A Flavia de Luce Novel 


This is book two in a series by author Alan Bradley.  It chronicles the 11-year-old protagonist's uncanny ability to solve crimes so far above her understanding it's, well, damn impressive.  She is also truly fascinated by chemistry so I find science buffs might enjoy the fictional aspect of the all too real concoctions of poison.  Read it.


In honor of Halloween's arrival, I'm re-reading Poe's Children.  A horror anthology put together by Peter Straub.  Either horror has lost it's edge or I just don't scare like I used to.  So far, the only stories I've really found eery were The Bees and The Man on the Ceiling and neither of these tales could touch Poe's Tell-Tale Heart of The Masque of the Red Death.  








Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert.  This is her follow-up novel to Eat, Pray, Love.  Yes - I loved it.  I want to speak Italian and travel the world (with my current husband - I'm in the one and only long marriage) and I am excited to read her next book. What an amazing woman that her life story has captured my attention - makes you wonder if your own life is interesting enough to chronicle and share.  Mine - probably not.  But the thought is interesting.








 And finally - a Young Adult novel, of course.  Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler.  I'll be honest, so far I don't love it.  It's a little cheeky to me, but who am I to judge?  She has a published novel.  I have only ideas.  I'm hoping it continues to develop as I read - I'm only at the beginning.




And just in case you'd like to see my name in print, I am in a writing contest right now that could use your vote:


Mama Spiders - it's through Facebook only, but I'd really appreciate a few extra clicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment