Friday, April 22, 2011

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - 2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 22

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - 2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 22

For today's prompt, write an "only one in the world" poem. This only one in the world might be a person, an animal, a place, or an object. Think of someone or something unique and write.


His hands are small, dirty finger nails
Of which I constantly scold him for
Reach up to touch my face, to kiss me
After dinner every night, I hold him tight
And steal more smooches from his
Precious cheeks rosy all year through
With one big tooth jutting from his gum line
Reminding me daily the baby is fading
Into a big boy, but he is mine
All mine. A one and only in a world
Of many and because he is mine,
He is the only one in the world
That makes my heart melt
like butter on warm waffles
We will share on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment