Saturday, April 9, 2011

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - PoetryChallenge2011

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - PoetryChallenge2011

For today's prompt, write a time of day poem. In fact, make the title of your poem the time of day. For instance, "5:54 a.m.," 2:23 p.m.," "Midnight," etc. Then, write your poem. Of course, different things happen at different times of day. So have fun with it.

"6:53 p.m."

"6:53 p.m."
I sit on my deck
with a beer in my hand,
knowing worries can't sand,
bag the warm breeze
wafting through the trees
on a summer's eve.
Where stress is a misnomer
among the magnolia trees,
blossoms so white
they provide light.
Like his smile...
my best friend
lover and then
his kiss takes me away
to the ends of the earth
where we sway
and play
the evening away
keeping Monday at bay
with moon, star gaze.
He will say
"I love you"
and night tip-toes on.
Not disturbing the time
that frames the life
of being in love
at "6:53 p.m."

No comments:

Post a Comment