Friday, April 22, 2011

Day Twenty-One, Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - 2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 21

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - 2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 21

For today's prompt, write a second thoughts poem. You could have second thoughts about something you've done or thought in the past. You could write about someone (or something) else having second thoughts. Or you could even take a poem you wrote earlier in the month and flip it in a new direction.

"It Seemed"

It seemed I made a difference
for you, in your life.
Dug underneath a hardened surface,
of struggles, of strife.
But proof is on the paper,
that you didn't give to me.
A painful said reminder
of broken harmony.
What I can't understand,
what I still fail to see....
Why is the one still caring not you, but me?

No comments:

Post a Comment