Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day Ten, Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - PoetryChallenge2011

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - PoetryChallenge2011

For today's prompt, write a never again poem. Maybe you'll never again fall in love or never again tell a lie. Or maybe, just maybe, you'll never again not write a sestina.(Like that? It's a double negative.) Today, find my poem in the comments below.

A Love for Puppies

Puppies...
like babies, cry in the night
with whimpers and fright
to potty
or snuggle
or play
when the world wants to sleep
in our form of a cage.
And their faces angelic
with fluffy tails and ears,
but accident of bare feet
make you cringe with drear.
So, while beautiful in form,
precious and sweet
I think rescue dogs will be my future feat.
Potty-trained beasts that need a good home
someone to love them,
a yard which to roam.
I myself value slumber,
from dusk until dawn.
and I need a dog that gets
lazy forlorn.
My puppy will grow
to become this great pet.
In the mean time is seems,
I'm missing my rest.
My age may be leading,
this no "new puppy" gesture
but never-again will a pup be my master.

(Until one is so cute
I just can't walk away....
Sucker it seems,
is the name of the game.)

No comments:

Post a Comment