Friday, April 15, 2011

Day Fifteen, Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - 2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 15

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - 2011 April PAD Challenge: Day 15

For today's prompt, write a profile poem. When I think of a profile poem, I'm thinking of social media profiles.

"Cresta Leigh McGowan"

I hate Facebook, really, I do.
But, I can't stop myself
from finding out the details
spread out so thin to 422 friends...
When did I become so popular?
Birthday: March 27.
Married to: Jerry McGowan.
English teacher: for CMCSS.
Education - quite a few to list...
Bachelors, Masters, Ed.S.
Does anyone care about all "this mess"?
Hails from the great ATX,
now Clarksvegas is where I nest.
Pictures and profile - for accepted friends only,
I brag on my son -
this is my right
to share with you the things that I might.
Like this poem, for example
or my regular blog...
Are you a fan yet - you should be.
Please.
Status updates shift from funny to serious,
weather woes, educational foes,
double-entendres expressed with delirium.
Rants and raves and claims
of opinion so great
I hold nothing at stake
except the possibility,
of running late.
My morning nemesis,
status update.
Facebook, I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment