Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 6, The 30-Day Photo Challenge

Day Six - A person you'd like to trade places with for the day.

Now, it does not say a REAL person, it just says a person so I have picked a character from the television show Gossip Girl.  Meet Blair Waldorf.



Blair (played by Leighton Meester) is a Manhattan socialite that has just graduated high school and is now a college student.  She works at a high end fashion magazine where she started as an intern, but by pulling stunts only she can, is now running the show as her stepping stone to the big time fashion career.

Gossip Girl is based on an award wining Young Adult  book series about scheming, lying teens that break all the rules to get their way.  Money is no object for any of them, especially Blair!  I'm not drawn to Blair's character because of her actions (she can mean as a snake), it's the method of her character that makes me like her the best on the show.  On the outside, she plays a manipulative woman who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, but on the inside, she is sensitive and kind.  It's a dynamic feat of the writer and the actress to make you hate and love the same girl.

Blair also possess a wardrobe that is amazing.  Her mother on the show is a fashion designer.  Blair, of course, has more fashion in one taping of Gossip Girl than I've had in my entire life...infinite funds buy amazing clothes!  She also looks top-notch and is dressed to the "nines" to even meet for coffee.  The luxury of a well purchased shoe is not to be overrated.

Why would I like such a Teen Drama Queen "B"?  Because I like young adult novels.  I am actively  pursuing a writing career in the Young Adult genre, and characters like Blair Waldorf can change a teen novel series from good to great.

So, if I could trade places with someone, just for a day, twenty-four hours in Blair Waldorf's $1,000.00 Jimmy Choo heels might just be a comfy place to be.  But, only for a day.  I'm pretty fond of my comfortable Sperry's deck shoes that are well worn for Cresta McGowan.

No comments:

Post a Comment