Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 3, The 30-Day Photo Challenge

Day three: A picture of your favorite TV show cast. This is a no-brainer.


FRIENDS!


Friends,  in my opinion, may be the most quintessential show to ever be on television.  It combines humor, satire, love, heartache, excellent writing (great quotes!)* and the appropriate use of words** (that's right people - an English teacher reference) all in a packed thirty minutes of hilarity that I watch over and over again.


I own the series, all ten seasons and I DVR re-runs.  The show puts me in a good mood.  Mind you, these people never seemed to be at work and they all slept with each other at some point and time (We were on a BREAK!!!), but they had a good-natured friendship and the characters balanced nicely together. I can not imagine anyone else playing their roles.


I often envision groups of people to have the dynamics of Friends. Who am I?  What role do I fill?  Who is Jerry?  What guy is he the most like?  While I don't know that my husband or I fit into any role, we do have groups of people we hang out with that seem to have just the right mix.  That's what Friends had, just the right mix.


So today's blog is short and sweet.  I love Friends!


*Some favorite Friends quotes:


"Well isn't that just kick you in the crotch spit on your neck fantastic?" (Rachel Greene)


"Okay, is this like, "I have an early class tomorrow," or, "I'm secretly married to a goat?" (Monica Gellar)


"We were on a break!"  (Ross Gellar)


"Your tombstone can say whatever you want it to say. It could say "Ross Geller, Good at Marriage!" Y'know? Mine's gonna say "Phoebe Buffay, Buried Alive." (Phoebe Buffay)


"All right, you will notice that I am fully dressed. I, in turn, have noticed that you are not. So in the words of A. A. Milne, "Get out of my chair, dillhole!" (Chandler Bing)


"Look at me--I'm Chandler! Could I be wearing any more clothes? Maybe if I wasn't going commando!"  (Joey Tribiani)


"You-you-you-you (trying to remain in control) threw my sandwich away MY SANDWICH?!!! MY SANDWICH!!!!!! " (Ross Gellar)


I seriously could keep going....


**Episodes that stand out for verbiage for me:


When Ross and Rachel go through their first of many mishaps, she tries to explain to him that "they are never going to happen...accept this."  He replies with "Except what?"  See how they did that there - except/accept.  A commonly confused word.


In another Ross and Rachel debacle, they are fighting are the "we were on a break" and Rachel has written Ross and 18-page letter, front and back.  In the midst of arguing about responsibility for the downfall of the marriage Ross shouts, "By the way - Y-O-U - apostrophe-R-E mean your are, Y-O-U-R spells your!"


I love it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment