Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 15, The 30-Day Photo Challenge

Day Fifteen: A picture of something you want to do before you die...

That seems a bit dramatic to me, but I'm going to make this short and sweet today: Sign a Book Contract!



I want to sign my name on the line and be a published author.  I have so many ideas for novels, predominantly young adult and middle grades interest, if only I had the time to pen them all.  I keep a running list in my notebook of concepts as they come to me (and they seem to pop up in the weirdest places).  I am working on a young adult book right now.  It is slow going to write, but I have bits and pieces sketched out and I can see it beginning to form.

The publishing business is very daunting.  I've taken a class recently that covered the traditional publishing path and it can take up to two years for your  book to hit the shelf after you've found an agent, an editor, or both.  But - the dream is alive and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment