Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 1, The 30-Day Photo Challenge

This one shouldn't be too hard, it's a picture of me with 15 facts. I know myself, right?



This photo was taken at Trudy's Restaurant in Austin, TX on my birthday Girl's Night Out, March 2010.

Fifteen Facts about Me (in no particular order so don't "read" in to it):

1.  I love my son more than anything in the world.  Coming between him and me would be a fight to the death (you would also lose a battle of wits-just sayin').  Between CJ and me is the most dangerous place for you to be.

2.  I love my husband with as much ferocity as I love my son.  This makes me a jealous woman sometimes, not overly proud of this, but it's true.  After 15 years together, I am still madly in love with my husband.

3.  I adore coffee.  I must have a cup in the morning or I am a bear for the day.  Tea, while I enjoy in the evening or AFTER my coffee, will not replace the first soothing sip of this legal stimulant.

4.  I am a teacher.  I like being a teacher and I like teenagers, it's education that is difficult sometimes.

5.  I am a writer, aspiring right now, but hopefully more one day.

6.  I am right handed which people assume limits my creativity, but it doesn't.  I've been a singer, a dancer, and now a lover of stories and words - right brained/left brained schmesh brain!

7.  If I call you my friend, I love you and I will stand by you.  If I'm not using the word friend or I'm slipping out a variation of this word, we are not friends.  Which is fine - we are acquaintances and that is entirely acceptable.  You can not be best friends with the entire world, you just can't.

8.  I'm annoyed by weak-willed people.  Yep - Type A's have my heart.  This doesn't mean there aren't some Type B's that I'm fond of, I'm just not going to ask you to make a decision for me, or for yourself for that matter.

9.  I am put off by mediocrity.  How can people be so accepting of a mundane existence?  I see rich people that want more, poor people that REALLY try - this isn't about money, it is about wanting something for yourself.  Have some pride!  Push yourself harder, "you better lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go, you only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow because opportunity knocks once in a life time..."

10.  I love Eminem.  There.  I said it.

11.  I am a Christian, and I openly admit I struggle with my faith.  Not in my acceptance of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, but how it all works.  I am often the first to lash out in anger and then quick to apologize.  I attend church, but not as often as I should, however; I don't need to be told because in my esteemed understanding of faith, I'm certain God knows where I am - you, on the other, do not.

12.  Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer to others.  Some love it, some hate it.  I find those that hate it either don't get it, or can only dish it out but not take it back.  Just because you lost the battle of wits (see #1) does not make me mean, it makes me the winner.  Buck up.  I've been "outdone" before and to this I usually respond, "Well played."   What else can you say?  To be witty and sarcastic you must also understand when you've been "out-witted".

13.  I am very competitive.  I remember a girl once saying she "Didn't want to play with Cresta because she always won."  When asked if I was a "sore winner" she said, "No, she just always wins."  I was unaware there was another reason to play a game?

14.  I like being alone.  I am not one that must be surrounded by people and activity 24/7.  I am perfectly fine staying in my house for days on end venturing only as far as the mailbox, the backyard, or a run around the block.

15.  I obsess about my weight and my body.  I am very insecure, but a master a false bravado.  Now you know.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! I like an honest person and I am nosy so I like to learn more about people. So thanks for sharing. :) I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah. you...
    i love you to death.
    i wanna do one of these. its a 15 day blog thing? how do i start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wordpress.com is a blog site. You can create your own anytime. The 30-Day photo challenge is just something I picked up somewhere else and decided to do, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana - you know I've always had a flare for blunt behavior :-)! Glad it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete